Biology Week One- Power of Intention

Intention is one of if not the biggest pillar of my purpose and value as a healer. Our discussions on placebo, nocebo, the not yet fully understood intricacies of communication between whales and cetaceans are all examples to support the concept of just how big intention really is. People don't realize how incredibly powerful it is in the purpose of manifestation.

Our line of work brought me to a big revelation: Intention is our weapon against disease and imbalance. TCM is just that. It's a medicine with a foundation based on the power of intention. In fact, the physical and materialistic parts of us such as our hands and needles seem to become the least important parts of our craft because without our intention of love, support, and acknowledgement of our patients, it's just an empty piece of metal with no direction and no where to go with no purpose.

As a bodyworker for several years, my background involves a constant reminder to myself of how important it is for my intention to be strong in creating a space to allow my clients to heal themselves. I find myself often battling thoughts of if I should make rice krispy treats or chocolate chip waffles for dessert, or maybe even for pre-dinner munchies, or both....while massaging a limb and that one lapse of lost intention and awareness leads to a significant difference in the quality of my touch. The same goes for when I'm fully zoned in and present with a client. I've been so completely connected with a person that when I take a breath, they do the same, and the effect is mutual.

We can learn all of the techniques and memorize all of the books we want, but without being able to communicate in the language that has no words, we can't actually say what we want to.

Comments

  1. Dude! That part about losing focus/intention even for a brief moment completely hit a nail for me. I’ve noticed that while sitting in class I can tend to wander but I never imagined the impact of it when in a treatment room. Thanks so much for mentioning that. That’s another thing of which I will have to be aware. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intention is powerful and you're right! Without intention behind action, it can be an empty motion in itself. I've had a few teachers who have emphasized the power of positive intention during the needling process. This has made me want to focus on taking care of myself better so that I can use positive intention when treating people during acupuncture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts